Monday, May 27, 2013

EGOmotional: You Know You're a NERD When....

... a damaged phone hurts you so much that even queen B can't distract you.

Yes Egos, I have suffered a great loss and have quite an emotional weekend behind me. I mentioned it every now and then but I really do have strong feelings about my electronic gadgets. I choose them with care, I save up some money to afford them and once purchased I'll love them until the end.


So seeing this scratch literally made my heart skip a beat. I was devastated when I found out that part of the touchscreen wouldn't respond to my touch. It was no use. I needed a moment to control my emotions... I was all dolled up and on my way to the Beyonce concert but how could I enjoy a night out when I knew my dear electronic friend was suffering like this?

I remember the first day we met...


It was pure love... But now I can only wait for the final message from the repair shop telling me that my baby is not damaged any longer, that I can take it back home with me.

Weird enough almost none of my weekend activities was strong enough to keep my mind from thinking about my broken phone. So what does that say about me? That I'm a nerd? That I care more for gadgets then for real life activies? Well I guess it could be worse...

Moments until the concert of B starts...
Notice how I can't look quite happy even though Beyonce is waiting for me? Well... the good news is that I have now managed to return to a more calmed state. In 14 days I shall be back with better news about this issue.

In the meant time I did what every woman would do: I went shopping. Looking at this new bling gives me a bit of joy. While this might not have been the most economic decision (considering that I will have to pay the cost of the repairs...) I still had to get it.



C U Egos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...