Saturday, March 8, 2014

EGO eats: Alluring Cinnamon Rolls!

Hi Egos, these last weeks have been so stressful and now I suddenly have free time. I don't really know what to do with that anymore :D So I just baked.  I have this to-do-list of things I want to bake and cook. Cinnamon rolls have been on that list for a while now. So I had to start with these :D






I always thought cinnamon rolls were harder to make. I guess you could to them differently with the filling and all but this recipe was quick and simple and absolutely perfect for my first try.

This is what you need:

dough
1 tbsp yeast
70 g sugar
200 ml milk
50 g butter
1 tsp salt
1 egg
450 g flour

filling
130 g brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon (of course :D)
50 g butter

Start with the dough. Let the butter melt in the milk so that they become one liquid. Mix the flour, salt, sugar, egg and yeast in another bowl. Add the milk-butter liquid to the dry ingredients. Knead the whole thing well and let it grow for 1 hour in a warm place. If your kitchen is too cold oyu can just put a cloth over the bowl and put it in the oven (heat around 30 - 50 ° C). Leave the oven on and change the temperature to 180 ° C.

Afterwards you can roll the dough with a rolling pin in a rectangle shape. Spread the butter on the dough. Mix the cinnamon and brown sugar before covering the dough with it. Now comes the fun part! Roll the longer part and cut pieces of around 0.5 - 1 inch pieces. Put your cinnamon rolls on the baking sheet and let them bake for 10 - 15 minutes. It all depends on how brown you want them to be. The last step is my favourite step. You can eat them fresh out of the oven!

I hope you're now craving some cinnamon rolls :D

C U Egos!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...